'Year's free energy' prize draw Ts and Cs
One Big Switch (OBS) Refer a friend prize draw terms and conditions
Refer a friend prize draw to win free electricity:
Scots members who join the OBS 'Big Energy Switch' campaign, and who recruit 5 or more eligible friends to join the campaign, will go into the draw to win free electricity for a year (maximum value of £1,500 incl VAT).*
Terms and conditions
* Participation in this OBS refer a friend prize draw is subject to and shall be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions:
1. Only current members registered with OBS are eligible to participate in the referral scheme.
2. To enter the draw you must have referred at least 5 friends to sign up to the Big Energy Switch campaign by 11.59pm on 5 June 2015 using the unique link OBS has provided by email, and on your dashboard profile.
3. Your friend (or person you refer) must have signed up to OBS as a new member and registered their participation in the Big Energy Switch by 5 June 2015. Existing OBS members cannot be counted as referrals.
4. OBS will randomly select out of a hat a single winner from all Scots members who refer 5 or more eligible referrals by 11.59pm on 5 June 2015. The winner will be announced on the OBS Website and Facebook page. The prize for this draw is that the winner will receive a year of electricity bills paid by OBS up to a maximum value of £1,500 (incl VAT) ("the Prize").
5. The payment of the Prize will be for the period August 2015 until August 2016 and shall be made by way of reimbursement for the bill issued by the winner's energy retailer or provider which falls due and payable during this period.
6. The prize-winner is to first pay his or her bill as it falls due first and then provide OBS with a copy of the bill. OBS will, within 7 days of receiving a copy of the bill, send a cheque as a reimbursement of that bill to the prize-winner's nominated address.
7. If the £1,500 (incl VAT) maximum value is exhausted within a bill, OBS will reimburse that part of the bill up to £1,500 (incl VAT) but will not reimburse that value of the bill which exceeds £1,500 (incl VAT).
8. There is no limit to the number of referrals an individual can make.
9. It doesn't matter who your electricity provider is and no, the winner does not have to switch in the Big Energy Switch.
10. The friends you refer to the OBS Big Energy Switch campaign must sign up using the link you have provided and forwarded to them - this is how we can tell the referral is from you. If your friend signs up to the OBS Big Energy Switch campaign using someone else's link, a verbal referral or on their own volition - this will not count to your tally in this draw. OBS may contact your referral to verify the identity and confirm the referral. All referrals must be actual unique individuals, resident in Ireland, over the age of 18, with a unique email address, residential address and password and be eligible to take up the offer negotiated by OBS. The same person cannot register more than once using a different email address. Any breach of these conditions, or the existence of user accounts within your referral list that breach these conditions, or any referrals that do not comply with the OBS Privacy Statement and Terms and Conditions set out on www.OneBigSwitch.co.uk may mean you are ineligible to enter the draw and/or win the Prize. OBS's decision in relation to selection of the draw winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. All draw entries must be received by OBS in the required format before the advertised closing date. Neither OBS nor its affiliated entities are responsible for any printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to OBS promotions; fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or entries which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or other technical malfunction.
12. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash and OBS accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage suffered in connection with your participation in the referral scheme, the draw or acceptance of the Prize.
13. The winner will be announced via the OBS website as well as the OBS Facebook page by 13th April 2014. The winner will also be contacted at their OBS registered email address in relation to this announcement.
14. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize-winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as OBS may require.
15. OBS will not be responsible for any exit, administration, late fees or any other fees, costs or expenses in the winner's electricity bill.
16. OBS's decision whether to award a referral under this scheme is final.
17. OBS reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any draw and/or vary the draw rules at any time without prior notice.
18. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of the draw the decision of OBS will be final.